Thursday, August 25, 2016

School Day Pledge

My kids are like everyone else -- some love school and can't wait to go back, others kind of dread it, but the first day of school is always a lot of fun. It's so great to see people you haven't seen all summer, and the promise of a fresh start is always so great -- that's one of my favorite things about a new anything!

Just a day or two before I sent my kids off to school, I came across this AMAZING Facebook post. It was posted in 2015 by a Dad BOLDLY EMPOWERING HIS CHILD* to have the best school day ever. Have you seen it? I'm amazed by the statements this child is saying -- it's so inspiring to me as a parent, and for my own children. I feel that they're really entering that struggling teenage time of uneven self-confidence, and how great would it be if they told themselves this every stinking day? I wish I could write a letter to this Dad saying how much I admire what he's doing with and for his son -- but I have no idea where it came from, so I guess this will have to serve as my open fan-letter. :)

In fact, I was so inspired by it, that I made a printable for it. I just couldn't NOT display this in my home where my kids will see it every day! And if they're struggling with homework, or even just going to school, I'm going to have them go read this empowering statement. In the end, I did two versions -- one ending in pink, and one ending in blue -- I just couldn't choose which one I liked best!
(please click on the picture to make it bigger, if necessary)

If you'd like a copy for yourself, please feel free to follow THIS LINK for the pink version, and THIS LINK for blue -- it will print out at 8 1/2" x 11", then you can cut it down to 8" x 10". I printed mine on cardstock so it would hold up better, but it should print out just fine on regular printer paper.

*Sorry for the gratuitous use of caps in this post -- I'm just so dang excited by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and try to respond to every one. Please let me know if you need clarification on something, want to know something, or especially if you LOVE something!