Friday, April 1, 2022

Easter Cross Stitch

I didn't plan to make a cross stitch chart for General Conference this Spring, but I just couldn't get this idea out of my head! It's just perfect to work on while you listen to General Conference, to finish up before April 17th when it's Easter. 

My original idea was to make a wreath (I was thinking something kind of like this free printable from Eighteen Twenty-five, which I saw via this post on Lolly Jane) -- but it turned out kind of tricky, and I couldn't make it as pretty as I wanted it to be. 

I turned to Etsy, where others have done the hardest work for me and bought this pretty wreath baby announcement pattern, then put just the words centered in the middle space. I'll be changing up all the colors, but the wreath part I'm mostly keeping just the same. Those words fit *just* right -- it made me so happy! 

To make the words, I just fooled around to make the fancy capital letters, then traced my handwriting in the Paint program and transferred it to my cross stitch template. It turned out so cute! And you'll see more of that in-progress (with real-time updates during General Conference!) on Instagram -- you'll have to check it out @smileynannn.

Again, the link for my cute & easy pattern is HERE if you would like to stitch along with me! It's literally just the chart, along with the colors I'm using. It will fit in a 5x7 frame, so I'm excited to get a fancy one and hang it for the Easter season. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @smileynannn, or reply to this post, if you work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and try to respond to every one. Please let me know if you need clarification on something, want to know something, or especially if you LOVE something!