Saturday, March 28, 2020

Love at Home - FREE Cross Stitch Chart

When I came up with my Love at Home quilt (see THIS post!), I actually came up with the cross stitch chart first! Since I like the orientation of my quilts to be vertical, I knew I didn't want to do it this way; but I absolutely LOVE orienting my cross stitch patterns horizontally, and I knew it would be such a pretty and fun project for General Conference!

HERE is the link to the project. And just a few tips:
  • It is best to print out the actual page -- the web version is showing up kind of funny. 
  • I will just be using the DMC floss I have on hand, so I didn't include separate colors. Just use your best judgment and choose colors YOU like! 
  • I love the idea of using 3 threads over on the linen -- I think the 28 count will be what I'm using. 
  • The measurements I give are the finished size of the project, plus 3 spaces all around -- please add at least a couple of inches on all sides if you are mounting this project in a frame, like I will.
  • If you are new to Cross Stitch -- please see these general Cross Stitch instructions (click HERE). I made them for a different project a few years ago, but they are good for all projects.
  • And if this is intimidating for you, or just not quite what you're looking for -- there are some more charts you can view HERE if you'd like to do something different!

Have fun stitching this up -- I would LOVE for you to tag me on Instagram if you do! My username there is @smileynannn -- you can click HERE to go straight to my page.

And I'm sure we'll ALL have a wonderful General Conference. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and try to respond to every one. Please let me know if you need clarification on something, want to know something, or especially if you LOVE something!